Art and Design
At Kenton Bar Primary School, we place great emphasis on the importance of Art and Design within our curriculum. Art, craft and design contributes to our well-being and to our social, emotional and cultural development.
In our Early Years Foundation Stage, we aim to:
- Develop imagination and creativity in our children
Develop the ability to use media and materials.
In Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2, children study the National Curriculum for Art and Design and we aim to:
- Engage, inspire and challenge pupil
- Equip pupils with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art, craft and design
- Encourage children to think critically and develop a more rigorous understanding of art and design
- Teach children know how art and design reflect and shape our history, and contribute to the culture and wealth of our nation.