What is Pupil Premium?
Did you know … just registering your child for Free School Meals means that the school gets extra money?
Register now to make sure we don’t miss out
The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’.
For every child registered for free school meals the school receives £1,300 - (2016/17)
With this money we could support further staffing and resources in school.
Please register to make sure your child and others in their class don’t miss out.
How does it work?
1. First, check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please look at the list below.
2. Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, contact Miss Lowther at school who will help you to register.
3. If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal and the school benefits by getting £1,300 extra.
4. If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still gets £1,300 extra.
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Please talk to us about registering your child today.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of no more than £16,190)
. Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax credit
• Universal Credit
Come and talk to us if you’re not sure.